School Social Work Licensure

Graduates of the Program may also qualify for licensure as a school social worker in the state of North Carolina. The School Social Work license is awarded by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. To be eligible for school social work licensure, MSW students must complete a two-semester field placement in a school setting, take SOWK 7010 School Social Work, and take another course from a list of approved electives. The School of Social Work’s Field Education Director, Ticola Ross, has additional information about school social work licensure. She can be reached at or 704-687-7932. Information is also available at Students interested in school social work licensure should begin planning with their advisors and the MSW Field Education Director as early in the program as possible.

Visit our School Social Work Licensure Page for more information >>