Five Great Reasons for Choosing UNC Charlotte for your MSW Program:
- Faculty: Our faculty have a reputation for being accessible, inclusive, and invested in student success
- Students: Our students demonstrate an appreciation for diversity and a commitment to social justice
- Community Engagement: The School of Social Work has partnerships with over 150 urban and rural field placement agencies serving vulnerable populations in the Charlotte region. Students, field instructors, and field faculty work together to ensure that students gain the knowledge and build the skills they need to be competent practitioners. Research faculty and students are also engaged in community-based research projects.
- Careers: The School of Social Work has a positive reputation in the community. Alumni can be found all over the region engaging in direct practice and in supervisory roles.
- Location: UNC Charlotte, the area's urban research university, is located in a vibrant city with performing arts, festivals, sporting events, and outdoor recreation.
Dear Prospective Applicant,
Thank you for considering the MSW Program at UNC Charlotte! Please use the tabs on the left of this page to learn more about entrance into our MSW social work programs. This includes our Plans of Study, application information and links to our event pages where you can RSVP for a MSW Program Information Session. Many of your questions about the admission process can be answered by navigating our pages or looking through our frequently asked questions. Also, please do not hesitate to contact the School of Social Work Office of Admissions, if we can assist you.