Dr. Yuqi Guo is an Assistant Professor in the School of Social Work and College of Health and Human Services, and an Affiliated Faculty member in the School of Data Science at the UNC Charlotte. She also serves as the consulting editor of the Journal of Health & Social Work. As a health and public health scientist, Dr. Yuqi Guo’ program of research is focused on public health management of infectious diseases and chronic diseases among medically underserved populations. Her major research areas include health disparities, cancer prevention, and community health. Dr.Yuqi Guo’s goal in this arena is to publish clinical and translational research to help health professionals improve health outcomes and promote health equality.
Dr. Guo is currently conducting multiple research projects. She develops personalized machine learning models for lung cancer early detection. Also, she recently completed three research projects regarding to community prevention of the COVID-19. Dr.Guo has numerous studies working with a transdisciplinary team in the areas of telehealth and chronic disease management including dementia prevention and management and depression in aging. Her work has been widely published in medical, public health, nursing, and social work journals, and she has been invited to speak at numerous national and international conferences and universities.
- Ph.D. – University of Alabama, Social Work
- M.S.W. – University of Alabama
- Law – East China University of Science and technology
Research Interests/Areas of Expertise
- Health disparities
- Cancer Prevention
- Health Care Utilization
- Guo, Y., & Sims, O.T. (2020). A Longitudinal Analysis of Patient-Level Factors Associated with Pap Test Uptake Among Chinese American Women. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-020-00836-1
- Guo, Y., Hao, Z., Zhao, S., Gong, J., & Yang, F. (2020). Artificial Intelligence in Health Care: Bibliometric Analysis. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22(7), e18228.
- Guo Y. & Bowling J.,(2020) HPV Vaccine Use and Vaccination Coverage among Male Adults in the United States, Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 33 (4) 592-599; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2020.04.190464
- Guo, Y., Yang, F., Hu, F., Li, W., Ruggiano, N., & Lee, H. Y. (2020). Existing Mobile Phone Apps for Self-Care Management of People With Alzheimer Disease and Related Dementias: Systematic Analysis. JMIR aging, 3(1), e15290.
- Li, Q., Luo, Y., Hao, Z., Smith, B., Guo, Y., & Tyrone, C. (2020). Risk Factors of Cyberbullying Perpetration Among School-Aged Children Across 41 Countries: a Perspective of Routine Activity Theory. International Journal of Bullying Prevention, 1-13.
- McPhail, J., Sims, O. T., Guo, Y., Wooten, D., Herndon, J. S., & Massoud, O. I. (2020). Fibrosis improvement in patients with HCV treated with direct-acting antivirals. European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
- Guo Y., Hao Z., & Albright D (2019), What Social Work Educators and Practitioners Need to Know on Immigrants’ Health Care: a Systematic Review. Journal of Public Health Issues and Practices.
- Guo, Y., Cheng, T. C., & Yun Lee, H. (2019). Factors Associated with Adherence to Preventive Breast Cancer Screenings among Middle-aged African American Women. Social work in public health, 1-11.
- Cheng, T. C., & Guo, Y. (2019). Adult Immigrants’ Utilization of Physician Visits, Dentist Visits, and Prescription Medication. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities, 1-8.