Admission and Progression Requirements, and all Program Requirements can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog. Please see the information below:
Students who are accepted into our Honors program receive the following additional benefits:
1) Early enrollment into classes
2) Access to University Honors resources and scholarships
3) Consideration for residence in University Honors Housing
4) Social Work Professional Development Opportunities
5) Enrollment in 2 social work classes delegated specifically for BSW Honors students
If you are interested in being considered for this program, it requires an additional essay.
HONORS APPLICANTS ONLY: Students applying to the Undergraduate Social Work Honors Program (USWH) must upload an additional typed statement (maximum of 500 words) during the admission process addressing the following: (1) What are your academic/career goals specifically related to social work? (2) How is the USWH is relevant to your academic and/or career goals and how will participation in the USWH help you achieve these goals? (3) Have you identified a faculty member whose research area interests you? (4) Briefly discuss a project or potential project that you will participate in and complete as a thesis to fulfill USWH requirements.