The program is open to anyone with an undergraduate degree, preferably in a human services field, who graduated with a GPA of 2.75 or higher. Early childhood intervention experience is helpful but not required.
Items needed to apply
You will have to submit three items:
- Transcripts that verify you have earned an undergraduate degree and your undergraduate GPA was 3.0 or higher
- A 2-3 page (double-spaced) statement of purpose
- Three recommendations
The application will give you more details on submitting transcripts and recommendation forms. Your statement of purpose should address the following:
- What first interested you about the certificate program?
- How do you think the certificate can help you in your career?
- Talk about your previous experience with diverse children and families, that is, people who are from different backgrounds than your own. What was your biggest challenge and what did you learn from the experience?
- What strengths and skills do you bring to the certificate program?
HOW TO APPLY
Go to the Graduate School website and click on the green button on the right side of the page labeled “Apply Now.” It can be found at http://gradadmissions.uncc.edu/ Find the tab for Programs, select the Certificate option and then click Early Childhood Mental Health.
To Begin Fall Semester (August)
Priority Application Submission: March 1st
Final Application Submission: August 15th
To Begin Spring Semester (January)
Priority Application Submission: October 1st
Final Application Submission: January 1st
To Begin Summer I Semester (May)
Priority Application Submission: April 1st
Final Application Submission: May 15th
To Begin Summer II Semester (July)
Priority Application Submission: May 1st
Final Application Submission: June 15th