The Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students (Behavioral Health Scholarship) supports MSW students from disadvantaged backgrounds, including racial and ethnic minorities, who are preparing for careers in behavioral health. Scholar recipients will be encouraged to work in behavioral health in primary health care settings with medically underserved populations after graduation. Five (5) Advanced Standing MSW students will be selected as Behavioral Health Scholars for the 2019-20 academic year.
Behavioral Health Scholars will receive:
- 100% coverage of 1st year tuition and fees (Summer, Fall, and Spring for Advanced Standing students).
- $1000.00 stipend.
- $500.00 per semester for books and supplies.
- Coverage of university health insurance premiums.
In exchange for the scholarship, Behavioral Health Scholars:
- Sign a statement of intent to work in primary health/behavioral health settings with medically underserved populations after graduation.
- Participate in team-building activities at UNC Charlotte.
- Complete a faculty-led tour of campus student services the first semester of MSW program enrollment.
- Attend one or more Professional Learning Series seminars for field instructors sponsored by UNC Charlotte’s School of Social Work.
- Attend one or more meetings of Advocates for Change or the Graduate Social Work Association, with a preference for active participation in one of the organizations.
- Agree to participate in periodic surveys before and after graduation.
Only 2019-20 Advanced Standing MSW applicants who are North Carolina in-state residents for tuition purposes are eligible to apply. Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2019. Applicants must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to UNC Charlotte. If you have not completed a FAFSA form, you may apply at http://finaid.uncc.edu/applying-financial-aid/fafsa.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.