School Social Work Licensure

For Students interested in School Social Work Licensure:

Provided below is the list of social work courses that meet the requirement for school
social work licensure. The courses listed have been approved by Dr. Gary Shaffer at
UNC-Chapel Hill. The other requirement is to take the school social work course offered
in our department or to take the UNC course on line; and to have at least one academic
year of field placement in a school setting.

Ms. Hontah Epps is our department's "point person" for the School Social Work
licensure. Please see your advisor or Ms. Epps if you have additional questions
regarding licensure.

Hontah Epps, MSW, LCSW
Clinical Assistant Professor-Director of Field Education
UNC Charlotte, School of Social Work, CHHS 489B
9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC  28223
Phone:  704-687-7932  Fax 704-687-1658
  • SPED 5100 Introduction to Special Education
  • ELED 6111 Critical Issues in Elementary Education
  • CLSG 6145 Multicultural Counseling 
  • CLSG 7160 Solution Focused Brief Therapy 
  • ADMIN 6105 Legal Aspects of Schooling 
  • ADMIN 6107 School Law for Counselors and Related Professionals